10.28.2006

Guitar, Dylan & Stuff

Saw Dylan on Wednesday night. The seats could not have been better. Six rows from the stage, dead center. I've seen Dylan numerous times, and I'm about as loyal to him as I am anyone. I feel that way about people sometimes, and I tend to overlook their less savory traits in the process. Take Elvis, for example. I know everything he did, and who he did it with. I've read all the stories, but still, I'm willing to look past it. Same with Dylan. He's got scars and flaws miles deep. I don't suspect for a second that he always treate people with the greatest kindness. I don't believe that he didn't use, abuse, and choose to treat probably more than his fair share of people poorly. But I'm willing to overlook it. I'll overlook Jerry Lee seemingly being half-crazed. Hank Williams drinking. Neil Young being flaky.--That's why it pained me so much that I didn't like the show. It was just flat and boring and too uneven for me to sink me teeth into. And I really wanted to. I had been looking forward to that show as about as much as any. I scouted the tix out way in advance. The Kings of Leon was awesome opening up (much more full of spirit and intensity than Dylan's hired hands; brother tend to play that way together). So it was a major downer that it didn't move me more. Others I know who went had different takes, so it could just be me.

I love my guitars, but I'm thinking about buying a new acoustic. I feel like I'm cheating on a wife or something about when I play me other one. It's my first, and it's the one I taught myself to play on.


























No comments: